12.19.2008

Passports, arguments and $115

Today I had an appointment to get my passport down at the post office. The passport lady was named Marlo, and while she was a little rough around the edges, she was super nice . . . unless you annoy her:

during our processing, Marlo gets a phone call and puts it on intercom.

Lady on the intercom:
Marlo, there is someone on line one to make an appointment with you today.

Marlo (Very patronizing):
YOU make the appointment, I'm with someone, quit bothering me with something that you could have done in the time it took you to annoy ME with it.

Apparently this was enough to make the lady on the other end blow a fuze.


LOTI:
Marlo, Don't you ever, ev . ., uh, (Shrieking) DO YOUR JOB MARLO, MAKE THE APPOINTMENT AND DON'T YOU EVER (Breath) EVER (Breath) EVVVEEERRRR TALK TO ME LIKE THAT AGAIN ON THE INTERCOM. (Hangs up)

I laughed at the irony of the lady absolutely losing it and yelling at Marlo over the intercom to never talk to HER like that over the intercom
.

Marlo (To me):
Hehe . . . she annoys me.

Me: Apparently not as much as you annoy her.

We both laugh.

3 minutes later, the lady on the intercom is now the lady in the room. She looks, acts and smells the exact opposite of Marlo.

LITR (So angry that shes trembling, literally trembling): HERE Marlo. Marlo, don't you DARE ever speak to me like that again, I mean don't you EVER speak to me like that again, and do your job.

Marlo (Passively while filling out my paper work): Well, today is my last day working here, so I probably won't do my job, but I WILL talk to you like that again if you call me about something so stupid.

LITR slams the door as she leaves.

5 minutes later, LITR returns.


Marlo: Don't schedule me any more appointments today.

LITR (Attempting to insult Marlo): GOOD! I was going to cancel them all anyway!

Marlo (extremely patronizing): PERFECT! Thanks!

Me: hahahaha

LITR then looks at me as if noticing me in the room for the first time and then turns and storms out.


----------------------

So all in all, my passport was a lot more than I thought - $115 - but I will budget at least $50 of that as entertainment.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Haha! How funny! I was in the post office today. I wonder if I met one of those ladies.

Marlo is a cool name.

adam lee said...

I am about to go get mine...

i hope my experience is as entertaining as that one!!

$115... yikes.

~LB said...

you always have such interesting times