10.08.2009

Coffee Roasting

Thats right, coffee roasting. I am now a home roaster. I ordered my green coffee beans (Costa Rica Las Lajas Mell and Colombia Sierra Nevada) and picked up my $9.99 Walgreens Hot Air Popcorn Popper and roasted 6 batches of coffee today!

Its the experiment stage. I roasted 3 batches of each kind of bean for varying lengths of time. Now, the hard part is waiting a couple of days for the CO2 to escape before grinding and pressing the beans.

I've been doing a lot of researching into roasting coffee beans and it has been fascinating. I truly hope that this is the beginning of a long time hobby.

4 comments:

R.W. Shipshape said...

Go you! I'm impressed.

Tiffany said...

you're so cute. send me some roasted beans in the mail =) i miss you so much!

Anonymous said...

i'm impressed by your adventurous experiment!

i haven't gotten into home roasting, but tons of guys at the cafe i'm working at now do it. if you're ever up this way, i gotta take you here. some of chicago's best coffee -- and a funky space too!

mrs schneider said...

very impressive and very intriguing. i want to roast some beans! is it hard?